TEG’s winter language school Camp America “English+Skiing”
is a unique opportunity for pupils to dive into American culture and get incomparable studying and communication experience with native English speakers, as well as spend time with pleasure in Lviv and improve skills in skiing, snowboarding and sledding.
From 2 to 9 January 2016
It’s never too early to start investing in your child’s future!
- Every day in Camp America is a celebration! The best way to know the culture of a foreign country is to communicate with native speakers and to become familiar with its traditions and holidays. That’s why every day in Camp America devoted to a bright holiday in the United States of America.
- English lessons are held by native speakers and divided into 3 themes.
1 theme – America on the world’s map. Sub-themes: history, states and geography, Presidents, political framework, economy.
2 theme – the culture of America. Sub-themes: literature, music, movies, cuisine, art.
3 theme – bright holidays and traditions of America. Sub-themes: Christmas, New Year, Independence Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving. All lessons are held in warm atmosphere and tailored to the level of campers’ proficiency.
- A unique opportunity for campers to participate in Washington Summer Business & Diplomacy Leadership Academy, including live Skype teleconferences with professionals in Washington and New York who will lead mini-seminars: “basic budget building and financial planning” from a financial analyst, “world events and diplomacy” from a US Ambassador, “following the news” from an NBC News journalist, “service in our communities” from a civil society activist, and “starting a business” from a real estate developer/entrepreneur.
- Journalism school is tailor-made express-program to familiarize children with the profession of journalism and its various forms, such as print, television and Internet journalism. In addition to fundamentals of journalism and public speaking, there will be practical sessions on writing texts, interviewing, and investigating the news. Learn the basics of media following the example of the leading NBC News channel. Classes are led by a New York and London NBC News former journalist.
- Camp America is a great place for leisure, too. Skiing and snowboarding, winter sports activity, documentary and feature films of American cinematography, theater performances, afternoon tea, music, sports, crafts and other activities are conducted in English, with the strategic goal to expand vocabulary and break down barriers to communicating in English.
- Creative classes directly related to the holiday of the day.
- The evening event is a wrap-up celebration of the day and fun! Every evening on the territory of Camp America takes place a “knowledge and creativity” celebration: brain-rings, the election of the President and members of the Congress of Camp America, bbq, disco, songs, dances, flash mobs, games and lots of other fun!
|Holiday||Thanksgiving||Independence Day||Halloween Day||Christmas Day||New Year Day|
|8:00-8:30||Rise and shine!||Rise and shine!||Rise and shine!||Rise and shine!||Rise and shine!|
|8:30-9:00||Morning exercises||Yoga||Morning exercises||Yoga||Morning exercises|
|9:30-13:00||English lesson with native speakers||English lesson with native speakers||English lesson with native speakers||English lesson with native speakers||English lesson with native speakers|
|Урок англійскої мови||Урок англійскої мови||Урок англійскої мови||Урок англійскої мови||Урок англійскої мови|
|English lesson with native speakers||English lesson with native speakers||English lesson with native speakers||English lesson with native speakers||English lesson with native speakers|
|14:00-15:30||Quite hours||Quite hours||Quite hours||Quite hours||Quite hours|
|18:30-19:30||Spare time||Spare time||Spare time|
|19:30-20:30||Washington Business & Diplomacy Leadership Academy||Journalism school||Washington Business & Diplomacy Leadership Academy||Journalism school||Washington Business & Diplomacy Leadership Academy|
|21:00-22:00||Thanksgiving Dinner||Evening event||Evening event||Сhristmas party||Evening event|
|22:15-22:30||Lights out!||Lights out!||Lights out!||Lights out!||Lights out!|
Sherwood hotel and restaurant center is situated in the midst of forest, framed with velvet odoriferous grass, oaks, silver fir trees and pines. God has given this place virgin beauty and generosity, and careful hands of the hosts made this picture perfect.
Harmonious combination of nature’s grandeur and advances of civilization, comfortable and cozy rooms and personnel’s warm and caring attitude – this is the concept on which the hospitability of Sherwood hotel and restaurant center is based.
Sherwood hotel and restaurant center is located near the international highway Lviv-Shehyni not far (35 km) from Lviv.
Lviv region . Zhovkva district,
a training complex “Magic Lake”
Latitude N: 49.784785
Longitude E: 23.453633
Children have an opportunity to spend their holidays with pleasure, celebrate Christmas in Lviv, better learn the beauty of their great country, and get inspired for the next school semester!
At the camp:
playground for winter sports
library with English literature
arts and crafts
Winter TEG’s Camp America English+Skiing from 2 to 9 January 2016 is unforgettable holidays near beautiful Lviv.
Cost of the program: 13 500 UAH.
Register online to get the exclusive price offer.
Deadline: December 10
deadline November, 1st
deadline November, 20th
deadline December. 10th
The cost of the program includes:
- tailor-made curriculum for students based on age and level of language skills
- 24/7 English language environment with native English speakers, including intensive English lessons for 3 hours per day
- daily cultural and sport activities in English
- skiing, snowboarding, sledding on the ski mountain near the hotel, including trail lesson with instructor and rent of equipment
- Christmas gala dinner celebration
- educational Skype conferences with leaders from TEG’s Washington Summer Business & Diplomacy Leadership Academy representatives from finance and accounting, journalism (NBC News) and diplomacy (a former US Ambassador)
- medical insurance
- superior accommodation at a top-level resort
- full-board meals
- learning materials
- transfer Kyiv-camp-Kyiv. If desired, parents can bring their children to the camp and back on their own
- pocket expenses
There are many picturesque places created by nature in Galician Carpathian region, but only a few can be called a real man-made oasis of modern recreation type. That is a training facility complex “Magic Lake “.
Paradise is surrounded by picturesque landscapes and incredible scenery attracts with its beauty and purity, settled near the city.
Camp America will hold a fun and active skiing and snowboarding here.
At the ski mountain “Magic Lake “:
- Health Services
- Professional instructors
- Rent of equipment point
- Chair lift
- Baby lift
Camp America cost includes:
- Skiing pass
- Rent skis, snowboards, helmets and sleds
- First lesson with professional instructors
- Tea and cocoa to uplift the mood
Follow skiing on the link of the online webcam http://charivniozera.com.ua/gurt.php
Address: Lviv region . Zhovkva district, Village Maidan, a training complex “Magic Lake”